Looking for some inspiration of what to do this weekend? Whether you are planning a loved up trip or something to celebrate as a singleton then I have a few ideas for you to consider in my 5 things to do this weekend:
- Meet the lions experience – the offer to purchase an up close encounter with the Lions at Africa Alive runs up to Saturday 12th February and can be used up to the 30 April 2016. This looks to be an amazing experience if you are a fan of Lions and wild animals.
- Hedgerows, herbs and medicines – An evening talk with Southwold Wildlife Group being held at St Edmund’s Hall, Southwold. If you like growing your own at home or want to find out how to spot herbs and hedgerows while walking around then this talk will be very interesting to you.
- Georgia Falls is live at the Flying Dutchmans Friday 12th Feb from 9pm. The pub offers a great local atmosphere and Georgia Falls provides the terrific party!
- Lowestoft Community Radio Open Night at the Coconut Loft Friday 12th from 6pm. Join the community team launching the new volunteer radio station on the East Coast! Find out how the radio station has been set up; how it works and if you fancy it – how to volunteer with them.
- Fancy going a bit further afield? Then I recommend a trip along the coast to Sheringham for the Viking Festival running 9am Saturday 13 February to 4pm Sunday 14th. This annual event is always one to have on the calendar. Children activities all day Saturday including sword making and shield making (who says it is just for kids!); Sunday visit the Viking village and listen to folklore tales ending with a Viking parade through the village.
Know of any events happening in or around Lowestoft? Leave the details in the comments or share what you plan on doing this weekend!